« Home | Awareness: On Waking Up » | Awareness: A Book Worth Sharing » | Why Play? » | Kung Pinoy si Noah... » | Could You be Messiah? » | A Greater Monument than a Cathedral » | Nuggets of Wisdom from a Pantheist » | A Gift Taken Back » | I'm Going HOME... » | Eksena sa Dyip: a filipino philosophy reflection »

Awareness: Will I be of Help?




Here’s another excerpt
that really struck me.
It may not be true for all.
Others may deny.
Yet, others could admit.
This may be a matter of perspective…
or a matter of confronting oneself.
In my case, I could very much resonate.






"Hey guys, help me up!"



Do you think you help people
because you are in love with them?
Well, I've got news for you.
You are never in love with anyone.
You're only in love with your prejudiced and hopeful idea of that person.
Take a minute to think about that:
You are never in love with anyone,
you're in love with your prejudiced idea of that person.
Isn't that how you fall out of love?
Your idea changes, doesn't it?

"How could you let me down when I trusted you so much?"
you say to someone.

Did you really trust them?
You never trusted anyone. Come off it!
That's part of society's brainwashing.
You never trust anyone.
You only trust your judgment about that person.
So what are you complaining about?

The fact is that you don't like to say,
"My judgment was lousy."

That's not very flattering to you, is it?
So you prefer to say, "How could you have let me down?"

So there it is: People don't really want to grow up,
people don't really want to change,
people don't really want to be happy.

As someone so wisely said to me,
"Don't try to make them happy,
you'll only get in trouble.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing;
it wastes your time and it irritates the pig."

Like the businessman who goes into a bar,
sits down, and sees this fellow
with a banana in his ear - a banana in his ear!
And he thinks, "I wonder if I should mention that to him.
No, it's none of my business."

But the thought nags at him.
So after having a drink or two, he says to the fellow,
"Excuse me, ah, you've got a banana in your ear."
The fellow says, "What?"
The businessman repeats, "You've got a banana in your ear. "
Again the fellow says, "What was that?"
"You've got a banana in your ear!"
the businessman shouts.
"Talk louder," the fellow says,
"I've got a banana in my ear!"

So it's useless.
"Give up, give up, give up," I say to myself.
Say your thing and get out of here.
And if they profit, that's fine,
and if they don't, too bad!




About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a Tarlaqueño by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory