« Home | Sick! » | Addicted to LOST! » | The Reality of Conflicts » | On Losing Control... » | Chronicles at Sagada » | 1st semester of philosophizing is over » | Critics applied in Life » | Salesian Profession of a Japanese Friend » | Selfishness and Disobedience » | Storms in Life »

The Reality of Change

Last saturday, our family moved to Cavite.
This affects me deeply.
It is from Tarlac where I was born, where I grew up, where I was shaped and formed into who I am.
Inclusve of the pain and difficulty, it is very hard for me to let go of Tarlac.
It is not just the place... it's about the people i have encountered, it's the life that moulded me and led me to who i am and to where i am now. I was most often identified as a TarlaqueƱo, and i'm proud of that.
Moving to Cavite is a big CHANGE and TURNOVER in my life.
I'm still in the process of accepting...
I'm in the process of letting go...
It hurts.
But life has to move on...
for whatever reason, I have to face this reality...
Although, CHANGE could stir us, but it is an opportunity for integration.
I have the painful issue on losing control...
Yet, I can't control the fact that everyday there are CHANGES.
This leads me to a very good and painful song of Jose Mari Chan, Constant Change:

We're on the road

We move from place to place
And oftentimes when I'm about to call it home
We'd have to move along
Life is a constant change...

The friends we know we meet along the way
Too soon the times we share form part of yesterday
'Cause life's a constant change
And nothing stays the same, oh no

Clouds that move across the skies
Are changing form before our very eyes

Why couldn't we keep time from movin' on?
Hold on to all the years before this moment's gone?
Why must we live the days at such a frightening pace?

We're all like clouds that move across the skies
And changing form before our very eyes

Have we outgrown our Peter Pans and wings?
We've simply grown too old for tales of knights and kings
'Cause life's a constant change
And nothing stays the same, oh no

Lord, with this reality before me, allow me to see your hand in all these, that in the dread of instability and uncertainty I may be consoled that despite all the CHANGES, You remain CONSTANT and EVER-PRESENT in my life. Amen.

Letting go of Tarlac. It's awkward that I should find the same sentiment although made for a different reason. It truly is a good place, isn't it? But yeah, things change...

I know what you feel about moving. It is like moving out from your comfort zone or to a new world. Been through it when I was a child.

So, when I needed to move my family somewhere else due to fault line that affected the house that my children liked so much, I brought them along scouting for the place where we should move.

Thanks God, they loved the place. They were the ones who chose.

Just to let you know, we ended up living in cavite as you do.





Having known this from early childhood, I

thanks to both of you... there are so many things in my head and in my heart that i just couldn't express; and yet you have become extensions.

Mye, just a curious question if you wouldn't mind, where in cavite are you?

Rusty, i am visiting your blog today.

yes, painful indeed. although mas familiar po ako dun sa "can't we start over again?" God bless po!

Sa Gen. T. kami pero as of now, parang bakasyunan na lang kasi lahat ng kids ko ay nag-aaral sa MM.

Post a Comment

About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a TarlaqueƱo by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory