« Home | Storms in Life » | Philosophical Jokes » | Paralysis » | Gospel Reflection from the Devil Wears Prada » | Presenting My New Blogskin » | a disturbing question... » | Butterfly Effect: A Journey to the Past » | Meet Bea... » | Fusion between Science and Religion » | Philosophy drives... »

Selfishness and Disobedience

This evening I disobeyed my formator inadvertently. He instructed me not to distribute yet the handouts which I had photocopied for my companions. I, nevertheless, distribute them in order to avoid additional piles of paper stacked on my desk which is so messy and disorganized. Few minutes later, he came confronting me. “Did I not instruct you to hold first the handouts for distribution to the brothers?” I only nodded. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say. He just looked at me, then turned his back and left. This is my first case of disobedience this year. I really felt so bad, not because of fear from my formator, but by the very act of disobeying in contrary to the vow I have professed. Disobedience is not about omission. Disobedience is rooted from selfishness. And I have seen this so strong in me. God, help me to cure my narcissistic attitude and let this “self” be an offering to You.

About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a Tarlaqueño by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory