« Home | Critics applied in Life » | Salesian Profession of a Japanese Friend » | Selfishness and Disobedience » | Storms in Life » | Philosophical Jokes » | Paralysis » | Gospel Reflection from the Devil Wears Prada » | Presenting My New Blogskin » | a disturbing question... » | Butterfly Effect: A Journey to the Past »

1st semester of philosophizing is over

We have just finished a week of intense comprehensive exams in philosophy.
Although I find philosophy interesting, i just abhor the memorizing part.
Considering my age or stage of life, I think my mind right now is proper for analysis, synthesis and integration.
Since philosophy is a requirement, i better find myself battling with this struggle of mechanistic memory work.
I could only rejoice after all these intense hard work.
Our formators believe that our studies could be our way to sanctity. It presupposes transcendence of duty. Yet, I find this a bit queer. Aiming for excellence is good when it is never founded on pride. Pride is so slick that it strikes at false appearances.
The "why" in striving for excellence is vital as to how it could deceive us.
Doing well or perhaps perfectly well in the exams or in the scholastic works cannot assure us sanctity. It is a matter of motivation and good intentions.
I am pretty much excited with the community's mid-year camp at Sagada. It would be a week long break from the daily grind.

May your "why" towards excellence is not based on human pride. May you find the true way to sanctity.

May God Bless and guide you always.

Thank you.

thanks, mye.

Post a Comment

About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a TarlaqueƱo by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory