« Home | one-half (joke) » | tales about the coffee » | on turning 28 » | The Cookie Thief » | Kawawang Magulang (a repost) » | clogged » | lies, lies, lies and more lies... » | How to Save a Life » | Thoughts from Grandma's Funeral: From a Superstiti... » | My God is Weak »

dad? who? me?

two nights have passed since i had this dream. it came so strongly that i couldn't keep myself from pondering about it. still, the meaning remains a mystery as i remained perplexed about the subconscious event which is contrary to the path i now tread.

from what i recall, i was in an unfamiliar house. i was sitting on the floor by a glass table. On top of it are kiddie booklets and puzzles. i was holding a cup of melting ice cream and a teaspoon. i was feeding a boy-toddler who was about three years of age. the boy was running about and around the living room area of the house. it seemed i was feeding the boy with ice cream. as it turn out, i began to realize that the boy is my son. i patiently ran after him and fed him a teaspoonful of ice cream. i had that feeling of enjoyment in what i was doing.

the dream shifted so fast, or perhaps there are little details that i may have missed and have forgotten. i shifted to a particular scene when i was looking for my son whose presence was not felt at home. i searched for him in nearby houses and asked some of my neighbors. (the boy had a name in my dream, but i could not remember if it was james or jay). one woman told me that she saw him ran and crossed the street to go to the house of ron. i have no clue why he is included in my dream and how did we get to be neighbors. i was having a mixed feeling of fear, worry, disgust, irritation and impatience. i rememer myself saying, "ang tigas ng ulo ng batang iyan. mas matigas pa ang ulo kaysa sa'kin." blackout. i don't recall what happens next.

the dream came so strongly. i really like the feeling of being a dad.i realize the difficulty and the responsibility it would entail, but i feel that i am open to embrace all that. is this a deep and suppressed longing? could it be a sign that i am meant to be in this kind of life?

i have narrated this dream to my rector and my confreres at breakfast table the following morning, and they all agreed that these are just projection of myself and my issues. they say that all the characters of a dream are different projections of the dreamer. perhaps, that was my journey to my inner child. or perhaps it was just a product of random thoughts that freely appeared before my mind in my sleep.

it's not really that strange that the boy looked just like me... (that has to be obvious, since i am the father). i checked out my photo album yesterday and, surprisingly, i saw the boy in my dream who looked like this boy:


it was my photo when i was three years of age.


Labels:

About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a TarlaqueƱo by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory