« Home | How Do You Spend Your Dash? » | inconsistencies » | Have You Had Any Complaints Lately? » | sad :-( » | God: Up-Close and Personal » | Awareness: On the Proper Kind of Selfishness » | bookfair: "in the grip of grace" » | Awareness: Will I be of Help? » | Awareness: On Waking Up » | Awareness: A Book Worth Sharing »

Updates

ON MY FIRST OBEDIENCE

January 11, 2007 (Friday). I received my first obedience from our Provincial Superior. Anxiety mixed with anticipation consumed me as I await the “verdict.” Pondering on these feelings more deeply, it reveals a struggle against obedience, the traces of wanting to be in control when obedience would rather ask for a surrender of the will. Yet, I am happy and satisfied with the obedience I received. I wonder how it is, if it were otherwise.

PREPARING FOR THE UNIVERSA

There are six treatises and sixty theses to commit to memory, not including the comprehensive interconnectedness of one thought after the other, as well as the synthesis of each treatise and the entire Thomistic philosophy. There are six weeks or forty-five days more to go before the day of reckoning. Yet, I still don’t feel the pressure that much, although I have been diligently studying these past few days upon return from vacation. I am so fired up probably due to the good news of my obedience. Our Postnovitiate motto has now a face: Pro vobis studeo.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Recently I have been asking permission to extend for my studies at night. My mind works efficiently at this time. Yet, I got a warning from our rector if my morning meditation would suffer, it would be the end of late night study extensions. But I don’t really see that my meditation would be a problem. I don’t sleep during this time as I value this moment with the Lord. With this development, I think that somebody would be paying a closer eye at me, hehehe… My daily sleep in the average for past few days is six hours. I hope this is still healthy. :-)

About me

brodiz

Location:
Calamba, Laguna, Philippines

I am a pilgrim by life's occupation, an accountant by bachelor's degree, a Tarlaqueño by place of birth, a Salesian by specific vocation, a teacher by profession, a student by formation, a writer by passion, a youth minister by life's mission, a son of God... My Philosophy of Life: "To be is to become" "To be is to hope"

Speak Out!

Welcome!

Your IP Address is:

Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

A Pinoy Blogger

PinoyWebSights Topsites List

Blog Directory

blog search directory

Blog Directory & Search engine

Pinoy Topsites

Pinoy Top Blogs | Ranking the Philippine Blogosphere

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory